Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244


Transcript of Original Publication


Upper Goytre: architecture, construction and history

Place name:



Up to 1700



(6). UPPER GOYTRE, house, about ¾ m. E. of the church, is of one storey with attics; the walls are of rubble and the roofs are covered with slates and iron. It was built early in the 16th century and was extended both S. and N. in the 17th century. The W. front has an early 17th-century window of four lights with moulded wooden frame and mullions. Inside the building, the middle room has a partition of wide chamfered framing and remains of the original roof-trusses. The room to the N. has original moulded ceiling-beams and joists all with carved foliage-stops. The other rooms have chamfered ceiling-beams.




Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments


Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties


Top - Back

Ref: rs_wal_0037