Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244


Transcript of Original Publication


Vro [Vroe] House and Barns: architecture, construction and history

Place name:



Up to 1700



(6). Vro, house and barn, 500 yards E. of (5). The House has an 18th-century and modern addition along the whole of the W. side, and in modern times has had the N. end remodelled and the roof raised. Inside the building one doorway has a chamfered frame and a battened door with mouldings planted on. The Barn is of weather-boarded timber-framing in five bays and has stone walls to the basement under the S. end. A central projecting porch was added c. 1700 on the E. side. In the head of the large double doorway on the N. wall is cut the date 1687. In the N. wall of the basement is a four-light window with diamond-shaped mullions, and there is a similar window, now blocked, in the E. wall.


Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments


Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties


Top - Back

Ref: rs_row_0023