Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244


Transcript of Original Publication


Pull-yr-hunt House and Barns: architecture, construction and history

Place name:



Up to 1700



(5). Pull-yr-hunt, house and barns, 480 yards S.S.E. of (4). The House is of L-shaped plan with the wings extending towards the N. and W. It is of early 17th century date, but the N. wing is an 18th-century addition. It has been considerably altered in modern times. The two mid 17th-century Barns stand S. of the house and both have basements under their S. ends. The walls are of weather-boarded timber framing. Both barns are of four bays. The easternmost has in the N. wall of the basement three doorways two of which retain their old frames. In the E. wall is a four-light window with diamond-shaped mullions. The westernmost barn has in the N. wall of the basement two doorways with stop-chamfered frames. In both the E. and W. walls is a four-light window with diamond-shaped mullions, and in the latter wall is also an old doorway with a chamfered frame.


Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments


Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties


Top - Back

Ref: rs_row_0022