Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244


Transcript of Original Publication


Upper Newton Farm: architecture, construction and history

Place name:



Up to 1700



(13). Upper Newton Farm, house and outbuildings, 200 yards S.W. of (10). The House has been largely rebuilt except the N. wing which has a modern slate roof and is now used as a store and granary; in the N. wall are two old windows, the eastern of four lights with chamfered mullions and the western of three lights with diamond-shaped mullions. Inside the building the two lower rooms have chamfered ceiling-beams and are divided by a timber partition with closely-set chamfered studs and boarded infilling. The Outbuildings have been rebuilt, but some of the timbers are old material reused.


Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments


Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties


Top - Back

Ref: rs_nwt_0033