Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244


Transcript of Original Publication


Maes-coed [Maescoed] Farm: architecture, construction and history

Place name:



Up to 1700



(10). Maes-coed Farm, house, ΒΌ m. W. of (9), was built c. 1600. Late in the 17th century a wing was added on the E. side, and in modern times the building has been extended towards the S. On the E. front is a six-light window with an old frame and diamond-shaped mullions, and on the W. front is a similar five-light window. Inside the building are some old partitions with chamfered framing and long, vertical panels of timber. Some of the doorways have chamfered frames and segmental heads.


Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments


Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties


Top - Back

Ref: rs_nwt_0029