Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244


Transcript of Original Publication


Green Farm: architecture, construction and history

Place name:



Up to 1700



(11). Green Farm, house and barn, 720 yards N.N.W. of (10). The original House was of L-shaped plan with the wings extending towards the N.E. and S.E. Late in the 18th century the N.E. wing was extended and in modern times it has been further extended, and an addition built to the S.E. wing. In the N.W. wall is an old doorway with a chamfered frame and segmental head. Inside the building is an old doorway with a stop-chamfered frame. The Barn, N. of the house, is timber-framed and weather-boarded. The original building is in three bays with sloping struts between the tie-beams and principal rafters.


Condition—Of barn, bad.


Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments


Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties


Top - Back

Ref: rs_nwt_0025