Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244


Transcript of Original Publication


Upper Pen-y-park: architecture, construction and history

Place name:

Michaelchurch Escley


Up to 1700



(28). Upper Pen-y-park, house and barn, ¼ m. N.N.W. of (27). The House has been partly rebuilt, and the remaining portion of the original structure has been gutted to form a stable.


The Barn, N.E. of the house, is probably of late 15th-century date. In the walls are small loop-lights. Inside, the building is divided into five bays by crutch-trusses; the two end-bays are slightly narrower than the middle-bays.


Condition—Of house, almost ruinous; of barn, poor.


Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments


Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties


Top - Back

Ref: rs_mic_0237