Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244


Transcript of Original Publication


Lower House Farm: architecture, construction and history

Place name:

Michaelchurch Escley


Up to 1700



(15). Lower House Farm, house, about ½ m. E. of (14), was built in the 17th century on a rectangular plan with gabled wings on either side of a lower central block. The S.W. end appears to have been extended towards the N.W., shortly after the house was built. On the N.W. front are some old windows with chamfered frames and mullions, including one of four transomed and mullioned lights. Inside the building the exposed joists in the central ground-floor rooms are grooved at the angles.


Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments


Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties


Top - Back

Ref: rs_mic_0199