Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244


Transcript of Original Publication


Clothier Farm: architecture, construction and history

Place name:

Michaelchurch Escley


Up to 1700



(19). Clothier Farm, house, 1,020 yards N.E. of (17), was remodelled and extended at the W. end to form a stable in the 17th or early in the 18th century; at the same time, or slightly later, a S. wing was added at the S. end of the house. Some of the windows have original wood frames, but only one retains its old mullions.


Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments


Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties


Top - Back

Ref: rs_mic_0191