Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244


Transcript of Original Publication


Grove Farm: architecture, construction and history

Place name:



Up to 1700



(39). Grove Farm, house about ½ m. E. of the Castle, was built late in the 16th or early in the 17th century on a T-shaped plan with the cross-wing at the E. end. In 1707 the cross-wing was extended towards the S. and a porch was added in the middle of the E. front. In the repaired E. wall is a stone panel with the date 1707 and the initials H.A.P. A projecting chimney-stack on the gabled S. wall has weathered offsets and a moulded capping and in the S. wall of the W. wing is an old doorway with a chamfered frame. Some of the windows retain their old frames and mullions. Inside the building are some original timber partitions with long vertical panels between the posts of the framing.


Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments


Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties


Top - Back

Ref: rs_lon_0063