Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244


Transcript of Original Publication


Whitehouse Farm: architecture, construction and history

Place name:



Up to 1700



(12) Whitehouse Farm, farmhouse, 450 yards S.S.E. of (10), is of one storey with attics. The original house is a small rectangular building which has been added to in the 18th century and in modern times. The doorway in the N.E. wall has a chamfered frame and an old battened door hung on strap-hinges. One or two of the windows have old mullioned frames. Inside the building are three old battened doors. The stone staircase has thick oak slabs on the steps.


Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments


Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties


Top - Back

Ref: rs_llv_0041