Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244


Transcript of Original Publication


Upper Turnant: architecture, construction and history

Place name:



Up to 1700



(20) Upper Turnant, farmhouse, 300 yards S. of (19), is of one storey with attics. It has later outbuildings at either end and a small projecting wing at the back, but the latter may be a rebuilding on the site of an original wing. A timber-framed gable in the back wing suggests that the house may originally have been timber-framed and afterwards encased in stone. Inside the building a small cupboard on the ground floor has a door of early 17th-century panelling.


Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments


Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties


Top - Back

Ref: rs_llv_0039