Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244


Transcript of Original Publication


Upper Cwm: architecture, construction and history

Place name:



Up to 1700



(2) Upper Cwm, small farmhouse, 400 yards E.S.E. of the church, is built on a T-shaped plan with the cross-wing at the S. end. The N. wing is a one-storey addition of early 18th-century date, and, with its more recent extension, is roofed with modern slates. Most of the window-openings in the S. wing are original and have stone flag labels over the heads. In the S. wall is a blocked five-light window with diamond-shaped mullions. Inside the building, on the ground floor, the cross-partition in the S. wing is original and of timber with stop-chamfered posts and a doorway with a shaped head and an old battened door hung with strap-hinges.


Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments


Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties


Top - Back

Ref: rs_llv_0038