Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244


Transcript of Original Publication


Sneeds Barn: architecture, construction and history

Place name:



Up to 1700



(17) Sneeds Barn, nearly ½ m. S.E. of (15), was built on a rectangular plan as a cottage or small farmhouse but has since been converted to its present use and had the upper floors removed from the E. end of the building. Low modern additions have been added at the E. end and on the N. side. Several of the windows retain their old frames and diamond-shaped mullions. Inside the building, on the ground floor, is an original door-frame with chamfered posts and two-centred segmental head and a battened door hung on strap-hinges; on the first floor is a door-frame of a similar character.




Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments


Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties


Top - Back

Ref: rs_llv_0036