Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244


Transcript of Original Publication


Pontymoody: architecture, construction and history

Place name:



Up to 1700



(7) Pontymoody, farmhouse nearly ¾ m. E. of the church, has a modern slate roof. The house is of mid 17th-century date and has a late I7th or early 18th-century addition on the S.W. end of the N.W. side. The N.E. end of the original building is now used as a barn, and against it modern stables have been erected. The entrance-doorway has an original moulded frame, and on the same front is a five-light transomed window with moulded frame and mullions. Some of the other windows retain their old frames. Inside the building, on the ground floor, is an original panelled partition with stop-chamfered posts and a doorway at one end with a segmental head.


Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments


Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties


Top - Back

Ref: rs_llv_0035