Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244


Transcript of Original Publication


Lower Cwm Farm: architecture, construction and history

Place name:



Up to 1700



(6) Lower Cwm Farm, farmhouse and outbuilding 270 yards S.E. of (5). The House is of two storeys with cellars, and was built late in the 17th century; it was altered in the following century when the roof was probably rebuilt and covered with slates. In modern times the entrance-front has been altered.


The Outbuilding, 15 yards S. W. of the house, is of one storey with a granary-loft above. It is of late 17th-century date, re-modelled and partly rebuilt late in the 18th century. It is in three bays and has roof-trusses of the tie-beam and strutted-rafter type. A reset lintel to a door in the N. wall is inscribed A.P. 1690.


Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments


Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties


Top - Back

Ref: rs_llv_0026