Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244


Transcript of Original Publication


Cayo [barn]: architecture, construction and history

Place name:



Up to 1700



(21) Barn at Cayo, nearly ¾ m. E. of (20), is of two storeys and probably was built as a dwelling-house. In modern times a new upper floor has been inserted, an addition made against the E. wall and a large barn built at the W. end. In the N. wall is one and in the S. wall are two doorways with old chamfered frames and battened doors. Some of the old windows remain and have solid oak frames and diamond-shaped mullions. The W. wall which is now incorporated in the later barn is timber-framed. Inside the building three roof-trusses are exposed.


Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments


Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties


Top - Back

Ref: rs_llv_0018