Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Coed-poath: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(6). Coed-poath, house and barn, on the E. side of the road to Urishay Common, 1 m. W.N.W. of (5). The House is of two storeys with attics, and has later additions on the E. and W. sides. In the N. wall are the remains of an early 17th-century window, originally of six lights with moulded oak frame, transom and mullion, but the two easternmost lights are blocked. On the ground floor is the opening for a similar window. Inside the building, the ground-floor rooms have moulded ceiling-beams. The doorway between the house and the E. addition has an old plank door hung on strap hinges, and there is a similar door to the staircase. There is a 17th-century four-panelled door in the S. room.
The Barn, S.W. of the house, is of 17th-century date and of six bays, entered by three doorways in the S. wall, each of which has a heavy oak frame.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments