Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Vro [Vroe] House and Barns: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(6). Vro, house and barn, 500 yards E. of (5). The House has an 18th-century and modern addition along the whole of the W. side, and in modern times has had the N. end remodelled and the roof raised. Inside the building one doorway has a chamfered frame and a battened door with mouldings planted on. The Barn is of weather-boarded timber-framing in five bays and has stone walls to the basement under the S. end. A central projecting porch was added c. 1700 on the E. side. In the head of the large double doorway on the N. wall is cut the date 1687. In the N. wall of the basement is a four-light window with diamond-shaped mullions, and there is a similar window, now blocked, in the E. wall.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments