Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Lower Mill: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(4). Lower Mill, house, 700 yards S.S.E. of the church, was built probably in the 15th century. It was remodelled late in the 17th century, when it is probable that the existing stone walls were erected to replace former timber-framing. Some of the windows have old solid frames, and one of the ground-floor windows retains its diamond-shaped mullions. Inside the building are two old crutches with chamfered a beams at the upper floor-level.
Condition—Derelict and ruinous with the re-: partly fallen in.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments