Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Fedw [Vedw]: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(10). Fedw, house, about ¾ m. W.N.W. of the church, was built about the middle of the 17th century. Later in the century a lean-to addition was built along the N. end of the W. side and extended c. 1760 to meet an extension which was added on the S. end of the house. The front of the house was probably heightened at the same time. Later alterations include the partial rebuilding of the S. front. On the E. front, on the first floor, are two two-light transomed windows with moulded frames and mullions. On the N. front are two windows with solid frames, and on the W. front a four-light window of c. 1700. Inside the building on the ground floor are two battened doors, one with moulded battens and the other with a row of piercings in the upper part. The staircase is of c. 1700 and has moulded strings and handrail, square newels and twisted balusters.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments