Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Wayne Herbert: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(7). Wayne Herbert, house and barn, ½ m. N.W. of (6). The House has been considerably altered and heightened in modern times. Inside the building, on the ground floor, is an original timber partition with chamfered framing and long, vertical panels. The Barn, N. of the house, is of weather-boarded timber-framing on a stone plinth. It is in five bays with sloping struts between the tie-beams and principal rafters.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments