Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Upper Newton Farm: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(13). Upper Newton Farm, house and outbuildings, 200 yards S.W. of (10). The House has been largely rebuilt except the N. wing which has a modern slate roof and is now used as a store and granary; in the N. wall are two old windows, the eastern of four lights with chamfered mullions and the western of three lights with diamond-shaped mullions. Inside the building the two lower rooms have chamfered ceiling-beams and are divided by a timber partition with closely-set chamfered studs and boarded infilling. The Outbuildings have been rebuilt, but some of the timbers are old material reused.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments