Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Green Farm: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(11). Green Farm, house and barn, 720 yards N.N.W. of (10). The original House was of L-shaped plan with the wings extending towards the N.E. and S.E. Late in the 18th century the N.E. wing was extended and in modern times it has been further extended, and an addition built to the S.E. wing. In the N.W. wall is an old doorway with a chamfered frame and segmental head. Inside the building is an old doorway with a stop-chamfered frame. The Barn, N. of the house, is timber-framed and weather-boarded. The original building is in three bays with sloping struts between the tie-beams and principal rafters.
Condition—Of barn, bad.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments