Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Upper Pen-y-park: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(28). Upper Pen-y-park, house and barn, ¼ m. N.N.W. of (27). The House has been partly rebuilt, and the remaining portion of the original structure has been gutted to form a stable.
The Barn, N.E. of the house, is probably of late 15th-century date. In the walls are small loop-lights. Inside, the building is divided into five bays by crutch-trusses; the two end-bays are slightly narrower than the middle-bays.
Condition—Of house, almost ruinous; of barn, poor.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments