Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244


Transcript of Original Publication


Ty-Mawr House and Barn: architecture, construction and history

Place name:

Michaelchurch Escley


Up to 1700



(5). Ty-Mawr, house and barn, 820 yards E.N.E. of the church. The House is timber-framed with brick nogging on a stone base, but the lower part of the N.W. wall has been refronted in stone. Later stone farm-buildings have been built at either end of the house.


The Barn, S. of the house, is of stone and of the 17th century, with a modern iron roof.


Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments


Ordnance Survey Map Reference and Index of Parish Properties


Top - Back

Ref: rs_mic_0235