Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Quakers Farm, House and Barn: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(14). Quaker's Farm, house and barn, ½ m. N.W. of (13). The House was built early in the 17th century on an L-shaped plan with the wings extending towards the S. and E. Shortly after a lean-to addition was added along the whole of the N. side, and the E. end of this has been extended towards the N. in modern times. The E. front has a small porch with a lean-to roof carried on a stop-chamfered angle post. The entrance doorway (Plate 35) in the wall behind has a heavy chamfered frame and an original nail-studded door of heavy planks hung on two ornamental strap-hinges. Some of the windows have their original chamfered wood frames and mullions, and one in the S. wall is moulded. The chimney-stack on the S. end of the S. wing is surmounted by two square shafts set diagonally.
The Barn, S.E. of the house, retains two crutch-trusses, probably of 15th-century date, and a few old timbers in the framing, but has otherwise been almost entirely rebuilt.
Plate 35: Doors
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments