Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Lower House Farm: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(18). Lower House Farm, house, barn and stables, on the S. side of Escley Brook, ¼ m. N.N.W. of (14), is of 17th-century date. The House has been entirely modernised.
The Barn is of weather-boarded timber-framing; the roofs are covered with corrugated iron. Internally it is divided into four bays by crutch-trusses which rise from the ground to the apex of the roof. The Stables retain their old doorways with heavy oak frames.
Condition—Of farm-buildings, derelict.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments