Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Lower House Farm: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(15). Lower House Farm, house, about ½ m. E. of (14), was built in the 17th century on a rectangular plan with gabled wings on either side of a lower central block. The S.W. end appears to have been extended towards the N.W., shortly after the house was built. On the N.W. front are some old windows with chamfered frames and mullions, including one of four transomed and mullioned lights. Inside the building the exposed joists in the central ground-floor rooms are grooved at the angles.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments