Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Escley Cottage: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(9). Escley Cottage, 1,020 yards N.N.W. of the church, was a timber-framed building of 17th-century date. Late in the 18th or early in the 19th century it was converted into a school and tenement, added to and largely altered.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments