Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
The Camp [Earthwork]: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(29). EARTHWORK called the Camp, (Plan, p. xxxiv), on the W. border of the parish, about 1 ½ m. N.W. of the church, consists of an oval-shaped enclosure surrounded by a rampart which at the E. end has a broad, flat top. The enclosure stands on a rough terrace or platform of irregular oval shape, the scarp of which joins the rampart at the N. end of the enclosure. The purpose of this earthwork is uncertain, but it was probably a defensive post of some kind, though certainly not a camp as its name would imply.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments