Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Upper Pont Hendre: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(16). Upper Pont-Hendre, house on the E. side of the road, 60 yards S. of (15), was built in the first half of the 17th century and has a modern addition built on the E. side. On the W. front is a projecting porch and the entrance-doorway has an old battened door with strap-hinges. Farther N. is a three-light transomed window with an oak frame. On the E. front is a doorway with a chamfered frame and the doorway leading to the modern addition has a similar frame and a battened door. There is a rectangular stone projection in the middle of the front containing the staircase. Inside the building are some old battened doors ; the staircase has stone steps.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments