Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Greidol: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(30). Greidol, is an 18th-century farmhouse with an older barn and cattle-shed, in the Greidol Dingle, 700 yards N.W. of (29). The Barn, S.E. of the house, is of late 17th or early 18th-century date. The side walls are timber-framed on a stone base, but the end walls are of rubble. The building is of six bays. The Cattle-shed, W. of the barn, is of one storey with attics. In the N. gabled wall are two loop-lights. In the side-walls are some old windows with wood frames and diamond-shaped mullions, and in the upper part of the W. wall are two tiers of triangular-shaped openings. Inside the building the upper storey or loft has a roof of five bays.
Condition — Of both barn and cattle-shed, poor.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments