Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Cwmbologue: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(35). Cwmbologue, house and barn 500 yards N.N.E. of (33). The House was built probably late in the 16th or early in the I7th century. It was remodelled late in the 18th century, and there are modern additions on the N. and S. sides. Inside the building the cross-partition on the ground floor is timber-framed with wood panels between the posts. The old doorway has a stop-chamfered frame.
The Barn, E. of the house and on the opposite side of the road, has a stable at the S. end. The barn is of three bays; the side-walls are of weather-boarded timber-framing and the end-walls of rubble, as are also the walls of the stable. In the W. wall are three square-headed doorways with flat stone labels and chamfered oak frames; one of these has a battened door with strap-hinges.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments