Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Celyn: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(44) Celyn, house, 740 yards E. of (43), dates possibly from the 15th century, but was remodelled in the middle of the 17th century, when a small E. extension was added. A wing has been built at the W. end in modern times. On the N. front are two three-light windows, with moulded frames and mullions. Inside the oldest part of the building, which is lower than the modern addition and no doubt originally open to the roof, are three crutch-trusses. A partly blocked fireplace on the ground floor has chamfered jambs and square head and one doorway has a chamfered 17th-century frame.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments