Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Wern farm: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(8) Wern Farm, small farmhouse, 450 yards S. of the church, is of one storey with attics; the roof is covered partly with stone slates and partly with corrugated iron. The building consists of two rooms with a semi-circular stone staircase projecting at one end on the S.E. side of the house; a later barn has been added at the S.W. end. Some of the windows retain their old frames. Inside the building there is a framed partition dividing the two ground-floor rooms.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments