Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Upper Turnant: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(20) Upper Turnant, farmhouse, 300 yards S. of (19), is of one storey with attics. It has later outbuildings at either end and a small projecting wing at the back, but the latter may be a rebuilding on the site of an original wing. A timber-framed gable in the back wing suggests that the house may originally have been timber-framed and afterwards encased in stone. Inside the building a small cupboard on the ground floor has a door of early 17th-century panelling.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments