Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Olchon House: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(15) Olchon House, 320 yards S. of (12), is probably of 15th-century date and appears to have been a small dwelling built on the central-chimney type of plan. Late in the 17th or early in the following century the house was remodelled and a lean-to addition was built along the whole of the N. side of the house; in modern times this rear addition has been heightened to two storeys. Inside the building are several old battened doors with strap-hinges. A cupboard in one of the bedrooms has doors of re-used 17th-century panelling with the rails enriched with carved channelling.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments