Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Olchon farm: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(9) Olchon Farm, small farmhouse, 270 yards W.S.W. of (8), is partly of one storey with attics and partly of two storeys. The S.W. end of the house is roofed with modern slates. It has been altered in the 18th century and in recent years, and has later low additions on the N.W. side. The entrance-doorway has a chamfered frame and battened door hung on old wrought-iron hinges. The window to the staircase is of two lights and has an old frame and diamond-shaped mullion. Inside the building are some old battened doors with strap-hinges.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments