Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Olchon Barn: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(14) Olchon Barn, 530 yards E. of (13), has a basement under the S.W. end. It is of 17th-century date. The basement is of stone-rubble as is the rebuilt S.W. wall but the superstructure is of timber-framing partly covered with boarding and partly with interlacing slats. The barn itself is in four bays with roof trusses of tie-beam and strutted-rafter type. In the S.E. wall are two original windows of five and three lights respectively with diamond-shaped mullions, but the smaller window is now blocked.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments