Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Lower Cwm Farm: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(6) Lower Cwm Farm, farmhouse and outbuilding 270 yards S.E. of (5). The House is of two storeys with cellars, and was built late in the 17th century; it was altered in the following century when the roof was probably rebuilt and covered with slates. In modern times the entrance-front has been altered.
The Outbuilding, 15 yards S. W. of the house, is of one storey with a granary-loft above. It is of late 17th-century date, re-modelled and partly rebuilt late in the 18th century. It is in three bays and has roof-trusses of the tie-beam and strutted-rafter type. A reset lintel to a door in the N. wall is inscribed A.P. 1690.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments