Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Great Cwm Farm: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(3) Great Cwm Farm, two houses, connected by small wash-house and now in one occupation, 320 yards N.E. of (2), is of an irregular half-H shaped plan with the wings extending towards the N.E. The S.E. house is of 16th-century date and is of one storey with attics. It was either added to or remodelled and raised another storey at the S.W. end in the 18th century. The N.E. house is of late 17th-century date and of two storeys, and the connecting one-storeyed wash-house appears to be contemporary with it. The S.E. house has in the N.W. wall an entrance-doorway with a moulded frame, the N.W. building has in the S.E. wall an original three-light window with oak frame and mullions, and there is a similar window of two lights in the N.E. wall of the wash-house. Inside the S.E. building, on the ground floor, is an original partition with stop-chamfered post and wood panels and an old battened door.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments