Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Glan-dwr farmhouse: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(23) Glan-dwr, farmhouse, 590 yards N. of (22), is partly of two storeys and partly of one storey with attics. It was built on an L-shaped plan with the wings extending towards the S. and E. In modern times low additions have been built along the whole of the W. side of the house. On the E. front immediately S. of the projecting E. wing is a small porch (Plate 35), the lean-to roof of which is supported at the eaves by a shaped lintel carried on the projecting ends of two of the main ground-floor ceiling-beams. Inside the building one of the ground-floor rooms has an old battened door and on the upper floor is a framed partition with large wooden panels between the framing.
Plate 35: Doors
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments