Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Black Daren Farm: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(11) Black Daren Farm, small farmhouse, 950 yards W.S.W. of (10), is of one storey with attics. The house dates from late in the I4th or early in the 15th century, but was much altered and possibly lengthened late in the 18th or early in the I9th century. Inside the building are four exposed crutches with tie-beams at the level of the upper floor and framing above. On the ground floor are five battened doors, one of which has moulded edges to the planks; they are all hung on iron strap-hinges.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments