Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Little Goytre [Ivy House]: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(5). Little Goytre, known locally as Ivy House, cottage on banks of the River Monnow, nearly 1 m. S.W. of the church, is of two storeys. It is of 16th-century date and has a modern extension at the W. end. The hood over the entrance doorway is of a thin stone slab supported on two shaped wooden brackets, of early 18th-century date. Some of the windows have old wooden frames. Inside the building the ground-floor rooms have stop-chamfered ceiling-beams and exposed joists, triangular in section with a roll moulding at the outer edge. In the main cross-partition on the ground floor are two original doorways with four-centred heads and remains of old panelling. A fireplace on the upper floor is spanned by a cambered and chamfered oak lintel.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments