Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Cusop Castle: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(2) CUSOP CASTLE (Plan, p. xxxv), earthwork, 140 yards S.W. of the church, consists of an irregular oval-shaped court with remains of a ditch on the N.E., the counter-scarp of which has been largely destroyed by a modern road. The ditch on the N. and N.W. has been entirely destroyed by the road, leaving only or the scarp to the court. On the remaining sides is a scarp with a berm, below which is a steep natural fall of the ground. Traces of what would appear to have been the entrance to the courtyard appear near the middle of the N.E. side.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments