Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Whiteoak Farm: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(5). Whiteoak Farm, house and barn, 950 yards N.N.E. of (4). The House was built probably in the 16th century on an L-shaped plan with the wings extending towards the N.W. and S.W. A later porch was added on the S.E. front, and there are low additions on the N.E. end and on the N.W. side of the S.W. wing. Inside the building, on the ground floor, the timber partition between the two wings has chamfered posts, narrow oak panels and a doorway with an ogee-shaped lintel and an old oak battened door. The Barn, S.E. of the house, has one side of the roof covered with stone slates and the other with corrugated iron. It is probably of 17th-century date, and has in the E. wall three doorways with old oak frames ; the middle doorway has an old door divided into three vertical panels by moulded fillets; the other two doorways have rougher battened doors.
Condition—Of house, bad.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments