Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Ruinsford Farm: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(10). Ruinsford Farm, house, 540 yards S.E. of (9), was built on a rectangular plan possibly in the 16th century. Internal timberwork suggests that the house was originally a timber-framed building. A modern porch-wing has been added on the S.E front, a low addition has been built on the N.E. end of the house, and all the walls have been refronted with modern stone rubble. Inside the building, on both floors, are original timber partitions with stop-chamfered studs and doorposts and narrow vertical panels of oak.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments