Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Court Farm: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(3). Court Farm, house and barn, ¼ m. N. of the parish church. The House is of two storeys with cellars. It is of late 16th or early 17th-century date and is built on a modified L-shaped plan with the wings extending towards the N.W. and S.W. In the N.E. front is an old doorway with a chamfered oak frame and nail-studded door, and in the upper part of the wall is an old three-light window with oak frame and mullions. In the S.W. wall of the N.W. wing is a doorway with an old frame. Inside the building on the ground floor in the timber-framed cross-partition in the S.W. wing is a doorway with chamfered posts, segmental head and old battened door hung on strap-hinges. Adjoining the fireplace in the N.E. room is a winding stone staircase with thick oak treads and an old battened door. The N.W. wing has lost the upper floor. On the ground floor are the remains of old timber-framed partitions. In the N.W. room is a doorway with an oak frame and segmental head. The Barn, N. of the house, is of six bays and retains three trusses of crutch type; the other trusses are later and of rough construction.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments