Research on Tithe Map schedule
Some Land owners in part of St Margarets, Map 7
Some properties and their owners in part of St Margarets at the time of the Tithe map of 1844. Including that part of St Margarets known as the Upper Maescoed.
William Francis & William Bishop
House (plot 342)
House ( plot 347)
House & pigrun ( plot 358)
House (plot 306)
Plot 342 is adjoining field 341 and is uncoloured on the map
Plot 347 is adjoining field 350 and is uncoloured on the map
Plot 358 is adjoining field 357 and is uncoloured on the map
Plot 306 is adjoining field 305 and is uncoloured on the map
to see associated maps click here
Many of the small holdings on this map are in the area known as the Upper Maescoed. Upper Maescoed originally an open Common that was, over a long period of time, subject to piecemeal enclosure. The properties were mostly copyholds held for ‘lives’ by ancient custom of the Manor. They are recorded by copy in the rolls of the Court Baron. Many were included in the 1920 Estate Sale of the Marquees of Abergavenny.